Sunday, August 24, 2014

Come one, come all to our Silly Emmys party

It's Emmy time again night, which means it's time for everyone to get together and take part in the most-enjoyable aspect of any awards show ... snarky remarks, wondering how they could have worn THAT, celebrating or bemoaning who won what and generally having a laugh at the proceedings. (The Robin Williams tribute will, of course, be a notable exception. I'm expecting lots of people wondering how the room got so dusty all of a sudden, or who's cutting the onions.)

The festivities here will start around 7ish, or whenever I get the chat fired up, so we can cover the exercise in vapidness that is the pre-show. So make sure you put on your best red-carpet-if-the-red-carpet-is-in-your-house attire and join in the fun! All it takes is a valid social media account -- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

As always, there are only a few rules:

1. Do not actually come to my house unless you ask first. Otherwise, I will tell you to leave and probably call the cops.

2. Bring your own food and beverage.

3. If you're going to come to my metaphorical house, do not pee in my metaphorical pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment